Wednesday, July 9, 2008

flutter by flutter by... Pretty little flutterby )!(

"Ba.. ba" he says, as we go on our post breakfast walk in the garden ... and I look around to see of course a butterfly... my nine month old son's obsession.. or should I say one of his obsessions. It was in fact one of the first ever things he actually recognised. He adoringly looks at his treasure leaning and squirming when it hides behind leaves.

I'm sure I've always loved butterflies. There beauty, elegance, fragility has always moved me. (Not to mention the blooming 'Ran one paatai samanalaya' rhyme in Sri Lankan nurseries.) But then taken it for granted, I moved on to bigger things... Joined the rat race... Found love and made a baby and the butterfly fluttered by and hovered at the back of my mind.

However, after 20+ years I am reminded by Nevan - my darling dot - the beauty and the elegance of that fragile butterfly. As he stares in fascination, I stare too... I look forward to each day waiting to see what my son will learn on that day. And while he discovers, I re-discover and while he lives the moment I re-live... Thank you Flutter-butterfly )!(

No comments: